Is it time for you to move to a bigger or smaller house? Without a professional local moving company, it can be stressful to move from one house into another. The professionals have the experience, the equipment and the muscles to do the job right. To speed up the process, they can transfer your belongings from one place to another. These are eight steps to follow when searching for the best trucking company that can haul your belongings.
1) Ask friends, family, and coworkers for referrals. Referrals from friends, family and coworkers are best. Also, ask around in your community. Do you know someone who just moved in? Ask them about their experience with the company and whether or not they are satisfied. Referrals from former customers are a great way to find out if they would use the company again and why. 2) Look for a local representative who is available to visit your location. A quote over the phone or online won’t always be reliable because everyone’s belongings are different. Not all big, well-known names are the best. Smaller, less well-known businesses This Side Up Moving can sometimes offer that personal touch.
3) After you have compiled a list from the phone book, internet and word-of mouth, call the Better Business Bureau. They will check if the business is in good standing within the community or have received any complaints.
It is essential to have licensed, bonded, and insured professionals. You want to trust these people with your worldly goods and have insurance coverage in the event of an accident.
5) Reduce the list to three or four companies that you are interested in. Each company should make an appointment to visit your home to inspect the contents and provide you with a written estimate. You should carefully read the estimate to make sure you understand what is included. Do you include packing materials? What about unpacking? How long will it take to unpack? What time does it take to load and unload?
6) After you have selected the winner, it is time to decide when and where. Is your time schedule compatible with their availability? Is it more expensive to travel on certain days than others? Before making a decision, make sure you have all the facts.
7) Even though you have already conducted some basic checks on the company’s records, it is worth taking a moment to make more calls. For instance, ensure that the company’s license and insurance is current. Also, verify that they haven’t had any complaints.
8) Last step: Make sure you have a complete inventory of all your belongings before you drive off.